Just in case you were wondering, here are some things you might want to bring. This is by no means an exhaustive list, but its a good place to start!
- Warm clothing (it still gets cold at night in early June in NH and it sometimes rains so be prepared)
- Flashlight or head lamp – it gets quite dark at night if you’re not used to it
- Toiletries – whatever you need to get through a week
- Allergy medicine, if needed — the pollen count has been really high in New England lately and likely will continue to be up at Glen Brook: http://www.pollen.com/allergy-forecast.asp?zip=03431
- Bug repellent
- Refillable water bottle
- Bedding (twin sized blankets, pillows, etc.) or a sleeping bag. Be aware that the mattresses are plentiful but plastic-coated – if this bums you out, pack extra bedding or bring an airbed! Also note that if extra privacy or a rustic retreat is your aim, extra bedding will help you enjoy a sleeping spot in one of the cabins in Adventure Camp, or bring your own tent!
- Snacks! If you want sweets, or specific snacks, please bring them to add to the snack corner. The more people who bring a few things the more awesome it will be!
Morning Workshops (week long)
Take a look at the weeklong workshops listed on the website (we’ll add a link to them here once they are available) and bring anything that you might need for the workshop you want to take.
Afternoon Workshops (one shots)
- Your plans and materials for an awesome afternoon workshop! Remember, it’s a DIY conference, and a chance to share your skills or latest passion! Contact staff with any questions or ideas
- Costumes and/or fancy clothes to dress up in for Sunday night’s dance party
- Decorations for the dance party — this year’s theme is “Under the Sea”!
- Your talents, instruments, art, etc for Coffee House (note: talents not actually necessary to perform)
Misc things it’s nice to have
- Cameras — if you’re interested in taking yearbook photos
- Games (board games, lawn games, fun things to do!) — here’s a spreadsheet for board game planning: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KIa_gQPY89gdbmxw8y2OVgqqeiuv-EvzclH-v7zPIxk/
- Kites, Frisbees, tennis racquets, yoga mats, hiking boots, sneakers, hula hoops, pogo sticks, etc
- Camp chairs and other outdoor furniture
- Musical instruments
- Snacks! If you want sweets, or specific snacks, please bring them to add to the snack corner. The more people who bring a few things the more awesome it will be! (did you notice I included this twice? seriously, though, bring snacks!)
- A timepiece other than a cell phone (y’know – like, a watch)
- Bathing suit if desired (please note that swimming au natural is only allowed in the afternoon)
- Clothes, books, DVDs, etc for the Spring Swap – get rid of the things you don’t want and get some new stuff that you do (everything that’s left over will be donated to the Salvation Army).
While you’re packing up your bedding to bring for the week, we’d really appreciate it if you could add a few extra things to help with nest-building and Ring spaces during the conference. Stuff like easy to transport lamps, extra blankets and pillows, anything cozy, colorful, and soft would be really helpful. Also, we discourage the use of electronic devices in the common areas at Spring. Take this as an opportunity to unplug and leave your laptops, tablets, etc. behind!